1. be or provide a memorial to a person or an event 2. indicate a certain reading 3. sound recording consisting of a disk with a continuous groove 5. a compilation of the known facts regarding something or someone
Example : Al Smith used to say, `Let's look at the record'
6. register electronically
Example : They recorded our singing.
8. the sum of recognized accomplishments
Example : the lawyer has a good record
9. a list of crimes for which an accused person has been previously convicted
Example : They ruled that the criminal record of the defendant could not be disclosed to the court.
10. a document that can serve as legal evidence of a transaction
Example : they could find no record of the purchase
11. the number of wins versus losses and ties a team has had
Example : at 9-0 they have the best record in their league
12. an extreme attainment 13. anything (such as a document or a phonograph record or a photograph) providing permanent evidence of or information about past events
Example : the film provided a valuable record of stage techniques
Translation for "record"
record meaning in Spanish : grabar record meaning in German : Aufzeichnung record meaning in Japanese : 記録 record meaning in Turkish : kayıt record meaning in Chinese : 记录 record meaning in Arabic : سجل record meaning in Polish : rekord record meaning in Hindi : अभिलेख record meaning in French : record record meaning in Russian : запись record meaning in Tamil : சாதனை record meaning in Telugu : రికార్డు