1. cause to feel relaxed
Example : A hot bath always relaxes me
2. become less tense, rest, or take one's ease
Example : I relaxed in the hot tub with some friends.
3. become loose or looser or less tight 4. make less taut
Example : relax the tension on the rope
5. make less active or fast 6. become less severe or strict
Example : The rules relaxed after the new director arrived
7. make less severe or strict
Example : The government relaxed the curfew after most of the rebels were caught
8. become less tense, less formal, or less restrained, and assume a friendlier manner
Example : Our new colleague relaxed when they saw that we were a friendly group.
Translation for "relax"
relax meaning in Spanish : relajarse relax meaning in German : Entspannen Sie Sich relax meaning in Japanese : リラックス relax meaning in Turkish : Rahatlayın relax meaning in Chinese : 放松 relax meaning in Arabic : الاسترخاء relax meaning in Polish : zrelaksować się relax meaning in Hindi : आराम करें relax meaning in French : se détendre relax meaning in Russian : расслабиться relax meaning in Tamil : ஓய்வெடுக்க relax meaning in Telugu : విశ్రాంతి