1. the general estimation that the public has for a person 2. an essay (especially one written as an assignment) 3. a short account of the news
Example : The evening report was more pleasant than usual.
4. the act of informing by verbal report
Example : I heard reports that they were causing trouble.
5. a written document describing the findings of some individual or group 6. a written evaluation of a student's scholarship and deportment
Example : Their parents signed their report card.
7. to give an account or representation of in words 8. be responsible for reporting the details of, as in journalism
Example : Snow reported on China in the 1950's
9. a sharp explosive sound, especially the sound of a gun firing
Example : The gun's report was heard all throughout the neighborhood.
10. make known to the authorities
Example : One student reported the other to the principal
12. announce one's presence
Example : I report to work every day at 9 o'clock
13. announce as the result of an investigation or experience or finding
Example : Dozens of incidents of wife beatings are reported daily in this city
Translation for "report"
report meaning in Spanish : informe report meaning in German : Bericht report meaning in Japanese : 報告書 report meaning in Turkish : rapor report meaning in Chinese : 报告 report meaning in Arabic : أبلغ عن report meaning in Polish : raport report meaning in Hindi : रिपोर्ट report meaning in French : rapport report meaning in Russian : доклад report meaning in Tamil : அறிக்கை report meaning in Telugu : నివేదిక