1. express indirectly by an image, form, or model 3. take the place of or be parallel or equivalent to 4. bring forward and present to the mind 5. be the defense counsel for someone in a trial
Example : Ms. Smith will represent the defendant
7. to establish a mapping (of mathematical elements or sets) 8. create an image or likeness of
Example : The painter represented their spouse as a youth.
9. perform (a play), especially on a stage 11. point out or draw attention to in protest or remonstrance
Example : our parents represented to us the need for more caution
12. describe or present, usually with respect to a particular quality
Example : They represented this book as an example of the Russian 19th century novel.
13. serve as a means of expressing something
Example : The flower represents a young girl
14. be a delegate or spokesperson for
Example : represent somebody's interest or be a proxy or substitute for, as of politicians and office holders representing their constituents, or of a tenant representing other tenants in a housing dispute
15. be representative or typical for
Example : This period is represented by Beethoven
Translation for "represent"
represent meaning in Spanish : representar represent meaning in German : vertreten represent meaning in Japanese : 表す represent meaning in Turkish : temsil etmek represent meaning in Chinese : 代表 represent meaning in Arabic : تركيز represent meaning in Polish : przedstawiać represent meaning in Hindi : का प्रतिनिधित्व represent meaning in French : représenter represent meaning in Russian : представлять represent meaning in Tamil : பிரதிநிதித்துவம் represent meaning in Telugu : ప్రాతినిధ్యం