1. the income or profit arising from such transactions as the sale of land or other property
Example : the average return was about 5%
2. a quick reply to a question or remark (especially a witty or critical one) 4. go back to a previous state 6. go back to something earlier 9. getting something back again 11. bring back to the point of departure 12. a reciprocal group action
Example : in return we gave them as good as we got
13. document giving the tax collector information about the taxpayer's tax liability
Example : Their gross income was enough that they had to file a return.
14. be restored
Example : After a long illness, their old vigor slowly returned.
17. the act of someone appearing again 18. a coming to or returning home
Example : On my return from Australia, I was given a welcoming party.
19. the key on electric typewriters or computer keyboards that causes a carriage return and a line feed 20. happening again (especially at regular intervals)
Example : the return of spring
21. the occurrence of a change in direction back in the opposite direction 22. submit (a report, etc.) to someone in authority 23. make a return
Example : return a kickback
24. go or come back to place, condition, or activity where one has been before
Example : return to your native land
25. return to a previous position 26. return in kind
Example : return a compliment
27. the act of going back to a prior location
Example : they set out on their return to the base camp
28. (American football) the act of running back the ball after a kickoff or punt or interception or fumble 29. a tennis stroke that sends the ball back to the other player
Example : The player won the point on a cross-court return.
Translation for "return"
return meaning in Spanish : regreso return meaning in German : Rückkehr return meaning in Japanese : 戻る return meaning in Turkish : dönüş return meaning in Chinese : 返回 return meaning in Arabic : إرجاع return meaning in Polish : powrót return meaning in Hindi : वापसी return meaning in French : revenir return meaning in Russian : вернуть return meaning in Tamil : திரும்ப return meaning in Telugu : తిరిగి