1. be contingent on
Example : The outcomes rides on the results of the election
2. a journey in a vehicle (usually an automobile) 3. harass with persistent criticism or carping 5. sit and travel on the back of animal, usually while controlling its motions 6. have certain properties when driven
Example : This car rides smoothly
7. a mechanical device that you ride for amusement or excitement 8. keep partially engaged by slightly depressing a pedal with the foot
Example : Don't ride the clutch!
9. move like a floating object 10. ride over, along, or through 11. be carried or travel on or in a vehicle
Example : I ride to work in a bus
12. climb up on the body
Example : Shorts that ride up
13. sit on and control a vehicle
Example : I ride my bicycle to work every day.
14. continue undisturbed and without interference
Example : Let it ride
15. lie moored or anchored
Example : Ship rides at anchor
16. be sustained or supported or borne
Translation for "ride"
ride meaning in Spanish : paseo ride meaning in German : Reiten ride meaning in Japanese : ライド ride meaning in Turkish : binmek ride meaning in Chinese : 骑 ride meaning in Arabic : اركب ride meaning in Polish : jazda ride meaning in Hindi : सवारी ride meaning in French : balade ride meaning in Russian : поездка ride meaning in Tamil : சவாரி ride meaning in Telugu : రైడ్