2. most suitable or right for a particular purpose 4. very, regional use common to the southern United States
Example : That is a right fine whiskey.
Example : I called right after dinner.
7. an interjection expressing agreement
Example : Right on, man!
Example : You've felt right at home ever since you bought that new TV.
11. in accordance with moral or social standards
Example : That serves you right.
13. appropriate for a condition or purpose or occasion or a person's character, needs 14. correct in opinion or judgment
Example : Time proved them right.
15. socially right or correct
Example : it isn't right to leave the party without saying goodbye
16. in accord with accepted standards of usage or procedure
Example : what's the right word for this?
17. the piece of ground in the outfield on the catcher's right 18. anything in accord with principles of justice
Example : I feel I am in the right.
19. those who support political or social or economic conservatism 20. make reparations or amends for
Example : right a wrongs done to the victims of the Holocaust
21. intended for the right hand 22. precisely, exactly
Example : stand right here!
23. toward or on the right 24. having the axis perpendicular to the base
Example : a right angle
25. of or belonging to the political or intellectual right 26. being or located on or directed toward the side of the body to the east when facing north
Example : my right hand
27. in conformance with justice or law or morality
Example : do the right thing and confess
28. in or into a satisfactory condition
Example : things are right again now
29. a turn toward the side of the body that is on the south when the person is facing east
Example : take a right at the corner
30. an abstract idea of that which is due to a person or governmental body by law or tradition or nature 31. the hand that is on the right side of the body
Example : I write with my right hand but pitch with my left.
32. location near or direction toward the right side 33. (frequently plural) the interest possessed by law or custom in some intangible thing
Example : mineral rights
34. regain an upright or proper position
Example : The capsized boat righted again
35. put in or restore to an upright position
Example : They righted the sailboat that had capsized
36. (of the side of cloth or clothing) facing or intended to face outward
Translation for "right"
right meaning in Spanish : Correcto right meaning in German : Recht right meaning in Japanese : 右 right meaning in Turkish : sağ right meaning in Chinese : 对 right meaning in Arabic : حق right meaning in Polish : dobrze right meaning in Hindi : सही right meaning in French : droite right meaning in Russian : право right meaning in Tamil : வலது right meaning in Telugu : కుడి