1. pitching dangerously to one side
Example : The rock of the boat was making me feel ill.
2. a genre of popular music originating in the 1950s, usually featuring an electric guitar
Example : I usually listen to rock on the weekends.
3. hard bright-colored stick candy, typically flavored with peppermint
Example : I bought some rock at the beach.
4. a lump or mass of hard consolidated mineral matter
Example : They threw rocks at the window, which almost broke it.
5. material consisting of the aggregate of minerals like those making up the Earth's crust
Example : That mountain is solid rock â€“ probably granite, in fact.
6. to move back and forth or sideways
Example : The ship was rocking, throwing me off balance.
7. to cause to move back and forth
Example : I rocked the cradle to put the baby to sleep.
8. someone who is strong and stable and dependable, figuratively
Example : You've always been a rock in my life and I really appreciate that.
9. a diamond or other gemstone
Example : Did you see the rock on that ring?
10. a lump of ice, usually for drinks
Example : Can you add a couple of rocks to my whiskey?
Translation for "rock"
rock meaning in Spanish : rock rock meaning in German : Rock rock meaning in Japanese : 岩 rock meaning in Turkish : Kaya rock meaning in Chinese : 岩石 rock meaning in Arabic : صخرة rock meaning in Polish : skała rock meaning in Hindi : चट्टान rock meaning in French : Roche rock meaning in Russian : камень rock meaning in Tamil : ராக் rock meaning in Telugu : రాక్