1. move in a wavy pattern or with a rising and falling motion 2. a deep prolonged sound (as of thunder or large bells) 3. arrange or or coil around
Example : roll your hair around your finger
4. a long heavy sea wave as it advances towards the shore 5. the sound of a drum (especially a snare drum) beaten rapidly and continuously 6. rotary motion of an object around its own axis 7. cause to move by turning over or in a circular manner of as if on an axis
Example : The bowler rolled the ball.
8. move about aimlessly or without any destination, often in search of food or employment 9. move along on or as if on wheels or a wheeled vehicle
Example : The President's convoy rolled past the crowds
10. sell something to or obtain something from by energetic and especially underhanded activity 11. occur in soft rounded shapes
Example : The hills rolled past
12. the act of rolling something (as the ball in bowling) 14. the act of throwing dice 15. a document that can be rolled up for storage
Example : I put the roll into its cannister.
16. a list of names
Example : Your name was struck off the rolls.
17. small rounded bread either plain or sweet 18. a roll of currency notes, often taken as the resources of a person or business
Example : I shot my roll on a bob-tailed nag.
19. a round shape formed by a series of concentric circles (as formed by leaves or flower petals) 20. show certain properties when being rolled
Example : The carpet rolls unevenly
22. flatten or spread with a roller
Example : roll out the paper
23. move by turning over or rotating
Example : The child rolled down the hill
24. move, rock, or sway from side to side
Example : The ship rolled on the heavy seas
25. emit, produce, or utter with a deep prolonged reverberating sound
Example : The thunder rolled
26. walking with a swaying gait 27. anything rolled up in cylindrical form 28. photographic film rolled up inside a container to protect it from light 29. execute a roll, in tumbling
Example : The gymnasts rolled and jumped
30. take the shape of a roll or cylinder
Example : the carpet rolled out
31. shape by rolling
Example : roll a cigarette
32. pronounce with a roll, of the phoneme /r/
Example : They rolls their r's.
33. begin operating or running
Example : The cameras were rolling
Translation for "roll"
roll meaning in Spanish : rodar roll meaning in German : rollen roll meaning in Japanese : ロール roll meaning in Turkish : rulo roll meaning in Chinese : 滚 roll meaning in Arabic : تدحرج roll meaning in Polish : rolka roll meaning in Hindi : रोल roll meaning in French : rouleau roll meaning in Russian : рулон