1. bring to a highly developed, finished, or refined state 2. when a sound is full and rich
Example : I find that vinyl records tend to make a much rounder sound than MP3's.
3. express as a round number
Example : round off the amount
4. a charge of ammunition for a single shot 5. a crosspiece between the legs of a chair 6. become round, plump, or shapely 7. make round
Example : round the edges
8. pronounce with rounded lips 10. having a circular shape 11. the usual activities in your day
Example : The doctor made the rounds.
12. the activity of playing 18 holes of golf
Example : a round of golf takes about 4 hours
13. any circular or rotating mechanism 14. a partsong in which voices follow each other 15. a serving to each of a group, which is usually alcoholic
Example : They ordered a second round.
16. a regular route for a sentry or policeman 17. (sports) a division during which one team is on the offensive 18. an interval during which a recurring sequence of events occurs 19. attack in speech or writing 20. (mathematics) expressed to the nearest integer, ten, hundred, or thousand
Example : in round numbers
21. often plural; a series of professional calls, usually in a set order
Example : The doctor goes on their rounds first thing every morning.
22. an outburst of applause
Example : there was a round of applause
23. a cut of beef between the rump and the lower leg 24. the course along which communications spread
Example : the story is going the rounds in Washington
Translation for "round"
round meaning in Spanish : redondo round meaning in German : runden round meaning in Japanese : 円形 round meaning in Turkish : yuvarlak round meaning in Chinese : 回合 round meaning in Arabic : مستدير - كروي round meaning in Polish : okrągły round meaning in Hindi : गोल round meaning in French : rond round meaning in Russian : круглый round meaning in Tamil : சுற்று round meaning in Telugu : రౌండ్