1. financially sound
Example : I made a safe investment by buying coal.
2. contraceptive device consisting of a sheath of thin rubber or latex that is worn over the penis during intercourse
Example : I made sure to wear a safe when with a new partner.
3. having reached a base without being put out
Example : The batsman was declared safe by the umpire.
4. free from danger or the risk of harm
Example : I had a safe trip across the ocean.
5. strongbox where valuables can be securely kept
Example : There is a safe in the closet that contains all my gold bars.
6. a ventilated or refrigerated cupboard for securing provisions from pests
Example : I placed all my flour in the kitchen's safe.
Translation for "safe"
safe meaning in Spanish : seguro safe meaning in German : sicher safe meaning in Japanese : 安全 safe meaning in Turkish : kasa safe meaning in Chinese : 安全 safe meaning in Arabic : آمنة safe meaning in Polish : bezpieczny safe meaning in Hindi : सुरक्षित safe meaning in French : sûr safe meaning in Russian : безопасный safe meaning in Tamil : பாதுகாப்பான safe meaning in Telugu : సురక్షితంగా