"screen" Meaning in English
1. examine in order to test suitability
Example : screen these samples
2. a white or silvered surface where pictures can be projected for viewing 3. the personnel of the film industry
Example : a star of stage and screen
4. a protective covering that keeps things out or hinders sight 5. a covering that serves to conceal or shelter something
Example : a screen of trees afforded privacy
6. a door that consists of a frame holding metallic or plastic netting 7. a strainer for separating lumps from powdered material or grading particles 8. protect, hide, or conceal from danger or harm 9. separate with a riddle, as grain from chaff 10. prevent from entering 11. test or examine for the presence of disease or infection
Example : screen the blood for the HIV virus
12. a protective covering consisting of netting 13. partition consisting of a decorative frame or panel that serves to divide a space 14. the display that is electronically created on the surface of the large end of a cathode-ray tube 15. examine methodically
Example : screen the suitcases
16. project onto a screen for viewing
Example : screen a film
Translation for "screen"
screen meaning in Spanish : pantalla screen meaning in German : Bildschirm screen meaning in Japanese : 画面 screen meaning in Turkish : ekran screen meaning in Chinese : 屏幕 screen meaning in Arabic : شاشة screen meaning in Polish : ekran screen meaning in Hindi : स्क्रीन screen meaning in French : écran screen meaning in Russian : экран screen meaning in Tamil : திரை screen meaning in Telugu : స్క్రీన్
Examples containing "screen"There are no examples. You can write here and submit.
You can write here and submit more examples.