1. show to a seat
Example : assign a seat for
2. place ceremoniously or formally in an office or position 3. the fleshy part of the human body that you sit on 4. a space reserved for sitting, as in a theater, or on a train
Example : I booked my seats in advance.
5. any support where you can sit, especially the part of a chair or bench etc. on which you sit
Example : I dusted off the seat before sitting down.
6. furniture that is designed for sitting on
Example : there were not enough seats for all the guests
7. the cloth covering for the buttocks
Example : The seat of my pants was worn through.
8. a part of a machine that supports or guides another part 9. the legal right to sit as a member in a legislative or similar body
Example : They were elected to a seat in the Senate.
10. the location (metaphorically speaking) where something is based
Example : the brain is said to be the seat of reason
11. a center of authority (as a city from which authority is exercised) 12. place in or on a seat
Example : the mother seated the toddler on the high chair
13. place or attach firmly in or on a base
Example : seat the camera on the tripod
14. provide with seats
Example : seat a concert hall
15. put a seat on a chair 16. be able to seat
Example : The theater seats 2,000
Translation for "seat"
seat meaning in Spanish : asiento seat meaning in German : Sitz seat meaning in Japanese : シート seat meaning in Turkish : oturma yeri seat meaning in Chinese : 座位 seat meaning in Arabic : مقعد seat meaning in Polish : siedzenie seat meaning in Hindi : सीट seat meaning in French : siège seat meaning in Russian : сиденье seat meaning in Tamil : இருக்கை seat meaning in Telugu : సీటు