1. an electrical device that sets off an alarm when someone tries to break in 2. measures taken as a precaution against theft or espionage or sabotage etc.
Example : military security has been stepped up since the recent uprising
3. a guarantee that an obligation will be met 4. a department responsible for the security of the institution's property and workers
Example : the head of security was a former policeman
5. defense against financial failure 6. property that your creditor can claim in case you default on your obligation
Example : bankers are reluctant to lend without good security
7. a formal declaration that documents a fact of relevance to finance and investment 8. freedom from anxiety or fear
Example : The watch dog gave us a feeling of security.
9. the state of being free from danger or injury
Example : we support the armed services in the name of national security
Translation for "security"
security meaning in Spanish : seguridad security meaning in German : Sicherheit security meaning in Japanese : セキュリティ security meaning in Turkish : güvenlik security meaning in Chinese : 安全 security meaning in Arabic : الأمان security meaning in Polish : bezpieczeństwo security meaning in Hindi : सुरक्षा security meaning in French : Sécurité security meaning in Russian : безопасность security meaning in Tamil : பாதுகாப்பு security meaning in Telugu : భద్రతా