1. sound practical judgment
Example : Common sense is not so common
2. the faculty through which the external world is apprehended
Example : In the dark, we had to depend on our senses of touch, smell and hearing.
3. the meaning of a word or expression 4. comprehend
Example : I sensed the real meaning of the letter.
5. to become aware of not through the senses but instinctively
Example : I sensed their hostility towards me.
6. perceive by a physical sensation, e.g., coming from the skin or muscles 7. a general conscious awareness
Example : a sense of security
8. a natural appreciation or ability
Example : a keen musical sense
9. detect some circumstance or entity automatically
Example : This robot can sense the presence of people in the room
Translation for "sense"
sense meaning in Spanish : sentido sense meaning in German : Sinn sense meaning in Japanese : 感覚 sense meaning in Turkish : duyu sense meaning in Chinese : 感 sense meaning in Arabic : إحساس sense meaning in Polish : sens sense meaning in Hindi : समझ sense meaning in French : sens sense meaning in Russian : смысл sense meaning in Tamil : உணர்வு sense meaning in Telugu : భావం