2. a stroke that puts the ball in play
Example : My powerful serves won the game.
3. provide (usually but not necessarily food)
Example : We serve meals for the homeless
5. mate with
Example : male animals serve the females for breeding purposes
6. deliver a warrant or summons to someone 7. work for or be a servant to
Example : May I serve you?
9. promote, benefit, or be useful or beneficial to
Example : Art serves commerce
10. serve a purpose, role, or function
Example : The tree stump serves as a table
11. spend time in prison or in a labor camp 12. put the ball into play
Example : It was Agassi's turn to serve
13. do duty or hold offices
Example : serve in a specific function
14. do military service
Example : I served two tours in Vietnam.
15. devote one's life or efforts to, as of countries, institutions, or ideas
Example : I served the art of music.
16. contribute or conduce to
Example : My programming skills serve to advance my career, but my true calling is the outdoors.
Translation for "serve"
serve meaning in Spanish : servir serve meaning in German : Dienen serve meaning in Japanese : 仕える serve meaning in Turkish : servis serve meaning in Chinese : 服务 serve meaning in Arabic : تخدم serve meaning in Polish : obsługiwać serve meaning in Hindi : सेवा कर serve meaning in French : servir serve meaning in Russian : обслуживать serve meaning in Tamil : பணியாற்ற serve meaning in Telugu : అందజేయడం