1. periodic maintenance on a car or machine 2. the act of delivering a writ or summons upon someone
Example : They accepted service of the subpoena.
4. a force that is a branch of the armed forces 6. (sports) a stroke that puts the ball in play 7. the act of mating by male animals 8. the act of public worship following prescribed rules
Example : the Sunday service
9. tableware consisting of a complete set of articles (silver or dishware) for use at table 11. the performance of duties by a waiter or servant
Example : that restaurant has excellent service
12. work done by one person or group that benefits another
Example : budget separately for goods and services
13. (law) the acts performed by an English feudal tenant for the benefit of his lord which formed the consideration for the property granted to him 14. employment in or work for another
Example : I retired from the post office after 30 years of service.
15. an act of help or assistance
Example : They did them a service.
16. a company or agency that performs a public service 17. make fit for use
Example : service my truck
Translation for "service"
service meaning in Spanish : Servicio service meaning in German : Bedienung service meaning in Japanese : サービス service meaning in Turkish : hizmet service meaning in Chinese : 服务 service meaning in Arabic : الخدمات service meaning in Polish : usługa service meaning in Hindi : सर्विस service meaning in French : un service service meaning in Russian : оказание услуг service meaning in Tamil : சேவை service meaning in Telugu : సేవ