2. make ready or suitable or equip in advance for a particular purpose or for some use, event, etc 3. get ready for a particular purpose or event
Example : set up an experiment
4. equip with sails or masts 5. arrange thoughts, ideas, temporal events 6. put into a proper or systematic order 9. produce
Example : The scientists set up a shock wave
10. create by putting components or members together 11. construct, build, or erect 12. establish or found
Example : The school set up a literacy program.
13. arrange the outcome of by means of deceit 14. take or catch as if in a snare or trap
Example : I was set up!
15. begin, or enable someone else to begin, a venture by providing the means, logistics, etc.
Example : set up an election