2. become settled or established and stable in one's residence or life style
Example : We finally settled down.
3. bring to an end
Example : settle conclusively
4. dispose of
Example : make a financial settlement
7. get one's revenge for a wrong or an injury
Example : I finally settled with my old enemy
9. sink down or precipitate 10. settle into a position, usually on a surface or ground
Example : dust settled on the roofs
11. go under, 'The raft sank and its occupants drowned' 12. a long wooden bench with a back 13. come as if by falling 14. take up residence and become established
Example : The immigrants settled in the Midwest
15. end a legal dispute by arriving at a settlement
Example : The two parties finally settled
16. accept despite lack of complete satisfaction
Example : We settled for a lower price
17. arrange or fix in the desired order
Example : I settled the teacart before serving.
18. cause to become clear by forming a sediment (of liquids) 19. become clear by the sinking of particles
Example : the liquid gradually settled
21. form a community
Example : The Swedes settled in Minnesota
22. establish or develop as a residence
Example : Our ancestors settled the farm 200 years ago.
23. become resolved, fixed, established, or quiet
Example : The roar settled to a thunder
Translation for "settle"
settle meaning in Spanish : resolver settle meaning in German : sich niederlassen settle meaning in Japanese : 落ち着く settle meaning in Turkish : yerleşmek settle meaning in Chinese : 解决 settle meaning in Arabic : تستقر settle meaning in Polish : rozstrzygać settle meaning in Hindi : बसना settle meaning in French : régler settle meaning in Russian : селиться settle meaning in Tamil : குடியேற settle meaning in Telugu : స్థిరపడేందుకు