4. the violent interaction of individuals or groups entering into combat
Example : the armies met in the shock of battle
5. an unpleasant or disappointing surprise
Example : It came as a shock to learn that our favorite restaurant had closed.
6. a sudden jarring impact 7. an instance of agitation of the earth's crust
Example : the first shock of the earthquake came shortly after noon while workers were at lunch
8. the feeling of distress and disbelief that you have when something bad happens accidentally 9. strike with disgust or revulsion
Example : The dog might shock the kids.
10. a reflex response to the passage of electric current through the body
Example : subjects received a small electric shock when they made the wrong response
11. a bushy thick mass of something, especially hair
Example : They had an unruly shock of black hair.
12. a pile of sheaves of grain set on end in a field to dry 13. (pathology) bodily collapse or near collapse caused by inadequate oxygen delivery to the cells 14. subject to electrical shocks 15. collect or gather into shocks
Example : shock grain
17. strike with horror or terror
Example : The news of the bombing shocked her
Translation for "shock"
shock meaning in Spanish : choque shock meaning in German : Schock shock meaning in Japanese : 衝撃 shock meaning in Turkish : şok shock meaning in Chinese : 休克 shock meaning in Arabic : صدمة shock meaning in Polish : zaszokować shock meaning in Hindi : झटका shock meaning in French : choc shock meaning in Russian : шок shock meaning in Tamil : அதிர்ச்சி shock meaning in Telugu : షాక్