1. varying in color when seen in different lights or from different angles 2. the launching of a missile or spacecraft to a specified destination 3. the act of firing a projectile 4. (sports) the act of swinging or striking at a ball with a club or racket or bat or cue or hand 5. the act of putting a liquid into the body by means of a syringe
Example : The nurse gave them a series of shots for immunizations.
6. informal words for any attempt or effort
Example : They gave it their best shot.
7. a solid missile discharged from a firearm
Example : The shot buzzed past the soldiers.
8. an informal photograph 9. an estimate based on little or no information 10. a consecutive series of pictures that constitutes a unit of action in a film 11. an aggressive remark directed at a person and intended to have a telling effect
Example : The fired employee's parting shot was 'drop dead'.
12. a person who shoots, usually with respect to their ability to shoot
Example : Their steely nerves and keen eyes helped make them crack shots.
13. a small drink of liquor
Example : They poured a shot of whiskey.
14. a chance to do something
Example : I wanted a shot at the champion.
15. an attempt to score in a game 16. a blow hard enough to cause injury
Example : They are still recovering from a shot to their leg.
17. an explosive charge used in blasting 18. sports equipment consisting of a heavy metal ball used in the shot put
Example : The thrower trained at putting the shot.
Translation for "shot"
shot meaning in Spanish : Disparo shot meaning in German : Schuss shot meaning in Japanese : ショット shot meaning in Turkish : atış shot meaning in Chinese : 射击 shot meaning in Arabic : اطلاق النار shot meaning in Polish : strzał shot meaning in Hindi : शॉट shot meaning in French : coup shot meaning in Russian : выстрел shot meaning in Tamil : ஷாட் shot meaning in Telugu : షాట్