1. provide evidence for
Example : The blood test showed that they were immune.
2. establish the validity of something, as by an example, explanation or experiment 3. indicate a place, direction, person, or thing 4. show in, or as in, a picture 5. give expression to
Example : They showed their disappointment.
6. pretending that something is the case in order to make a good impression 7. something intended to communicate a particular impression 8. indicate a certain reading 9. take (someone) to their seats, as in theaters or auditoriums
Example : The usher showed us to our seats
10. be or become visible or noticeable
Example : Their good upbringing really shows.
11. give an exhibition of to an interested audience
Example : They show their dogs frequently.
12. the act of publicly exhibiting or entertaining
Example : a remarkable show of skill
13. a social event involving a public performance or entertainment
Example : they wanted to see some of the shows on Broadway
14. give evidence of, as of records
Example : The diary shows their distress that evening.
15. finish third or better in a horse or dog race
Example : I bet $2 on number six to show.
16. make visible or noticeable
Example : I showed my talent for cooking when I made a crÃ¨me brÃ»lÃ©e.
Translation for "show"
show meaning in Spanish : espectáculo show meaning in German : Show show meaning in Japanese : 見せる show meaning in Turkish : göstermek show meaning in Chinese : 节目 show meaning in Arabic : تبين show meaning in Polish : pokazać show meaning in Hindi : प्रदर्शन show meaning in French : spectacle show meaning in Russian : шоу show meaning in Tamil : நிகழ்ச்சி show meaning in Telugu : షో