1. an opinion that is held in opposition to another in an argument or dispute
Example : there are two sides to every question
2. (sports) the spin given to a ball by striking it on one side or releasing it with a sharp twist 3. a lengthwise dressed half of an animal's carcass used for food 4. a surface forming part of the outside of an object
Example : The jeweler examined all sides of the crystal.
5. an elevated geological formation 7. an extended outer surface of an object
Example : I turned the box over to examine the bottom side.
8. either the left or right half of a body
Example : After running a few blocks, I had a pain in my side.
9. an aspect of something, as contrasted with some other implied aspect
Example : They were on the heavy side.
10. a family line of descent
Example : They get their brains from their father's side.
11. one of two or more contesting groups
Example : the Confederate side was prepared to attack
12. a line segment forming part of the perimeter of a plane figure
Example : the hypotenuse of a right triangle is always the longest side
13. a place within a region identified relative to a center or reference location
Example : they always sat on the right side of the church
14. take sides for or against
Translation for "side"
side meaning in Spanish : lado side meaning in German : Seite side meaning in Japanese : 側 side meaning in Turkish : yan side meaning in Chinese : 侧 side meaning in Arabic : جانب side meaning in Polish : bok side meaning in Hindi : पक्ष side meaning in French : côté side meaning in Russian : боковая сторона side meaning in Tamil : பக்க side meaning in Telugu : వైపు