1. get worse
Example : My grades are slipping
3. move obliquely or sideways, usually in an uncontrolled manner 4. a socially awkward or tactless act 5. a woman's sleeveless undergarment 7. a place where a craft can be made fast 9. a minor inadvertent mistake usually observed in speech or writing or in small accidents or memory lapses etc. 10. bed linen consisting of a cover for a pillow 11. to make a mistake or be incorrect 12. move stealthily
Example : The ship slipped away in the darkness
13. the act of avoiding capture, especially by cunning
Example : They slipped out of the handcuffs.
15. a small sheet of paper
Example : a receipt slip
16. artifact consisting of a narrow flat piece of material 17. an accidental misstep threatening or causing a fall
Example : I blamed my slip on the ice.
18. a part (sometimes a root or leaf or bud) removed from a plant to propagate a new plant through rooting or grafting 19. pass out of one's memory 20. pass on stealthily
Example : They slipped me the key when nobody was looking.
21. a young and slender person
Example : he's a mere slip of a lad
22. potter's clay that is thinned and used for coating or decorating ceramics 23. insert inconspicuously , quickly or quietly
Example : I slipped some money into the waiter's hand.
24. move smoothly and easily
Example : the bolt slipped into place
25. cause to move with a smooth or sliding motion
Example : I slipped the bolt into place.
26. move easily
Example : slip into something comfortable
Translation for "slip"
slip meaning in Spanish : resbalón slip meaning in German : Unterhose slip meaning in Japanese : スリップ slip meaning in Turkish : kayma slip meaning in Chinese : 滑 slip meaning in Arabic : انزلاق slip meaning in Polish : poślizg slip meaning in Hindi : चूक slip meaning in French : caleçon slip meaning in Russian : слип slip meaning in Tamil : சீட்டு slip meaning in Telugu : స్లిప్