1. any undertaking that is easy to do 2. a crisp round cookie flavored with ginger 3. a fastener used on clothing
Example : fastens with a snapping sound
4. an informal photograph 6. a spell of cold weather
Example : a cold snap in the middle of May
7. record on photographic film 8. to grasp hastily or eagerly 9. separate or cause to separate abruptly
Example : The rope snapped
10. lose control of one's emotions 11. make a sharp sound
Example : I snapped my fingers to alert the animals.
12. (American football) putting the ball in play by passing it (between the legs) to a back
Example : the quarterback fumbled the snap
13. the act of catching an object with the hands 14. the tendency of a body to return to its original shape after it has been stretched or compressed
Example : the waistband had lost its snap
15. tender green beans without strings that easily snap into sections 16. break suddenly and abruptly, as under tension
Example : The pipe snapped
17. utter in an angry, sharp, or abrupt tone
Example : The sales clerk snapped a reply at the angry customer
18. cause to make a snapping sound
Example : snap your fingers
19. move or strike with a noise 20. the act of snapping the fingers 22. the noise produced by the rapid movement of a finger from the tip to the base of the thumb on the same hand
Example : The servants appeared at the snap of their fingers.
23. close with a snapping motion
Example : The lock snapped shut
24. put in play with a snap
Example : snap a football
25. bring the jaws together
Example : The fighter pilot snapped indignantly for emphasis.
26. move with a snapping sound
Example : bullets snapped past us
Translation for "snap"
snap meaning in Spanish : chasquido snap meaning in German : schnappen snap meaning in Japanese : スナップ snap meaning in Turkish : ani snap meaning in Chinese : 卡 snap meaning in Arabic : يفرقع، ينفجر snap meaning in Polish : kłapnięcie snap meaning in Hindi : स्नैप snap meaning in French : casser snap meaning in Russian : щелчок snap meaning in Tamil : நொடியில் snap meaning in Telugu : స్నాప్