1. a blank area
Example : write your name in the space provided
2. the unlimited expanse in which everything is located
Example : They tested our ability to locate objects in space.
3. (printing) a block of type without a raised letter 4. a blank character used to separate successive words in writing or printing
Example : The book said the space is the most important character in the alphabet.
5. any location outside the Earth's atmosphere
Example : the astronauts walked in outer space without a tether
6. the interval between two times 7. one of the areas between or below or above the lines of a musical staff
Example : the spaces are the notes F-A-C-E
8. an area reserved for some particular purpose
Example : the laboratory's floor space
9. an empty area, usually bounded in some way between things
Example : the architect left space in front of the building
Translation for "space"
space meaning in Spanish : espacio space meaning in German : Platz space meaning in Japanese : スペース space meaning in Turkish : uzay space meaning in Chinese : 空间 space meaning in Arabic : الفراغ space meaning in Polish : przestrzeń space meaning in Hindi : अंतरिक्ष space meaning in French : espace space meaning in Russian : пространство space meaning in Tamil : விண்வெளி space meaning in Telugu : స్థలం