1. surpassing what is common or usual or expected
Example : We paid special attention to them.
2. having a specific function or scope
Example : a special (or specific) role in the mission
3. first and most important
Example : My special interest is music.
4. added to a regular schedule
Example : a special holiday flight
5. unique or specific to a person or thing or category 6. for a special service or occasion
Example : a special correspondent
7. adapted to or reserved for a particular purpose
Example : a special kind of paint
8. a television production that features a particular person or work or topic
Example : the last of a series of BBC specials on Iran is being shown tonight
9. a special offering (usually temporary and at a reduced price) that is featured in advertising
Example : they are having a special on pork chops
10. a dish or meal given prominence in e.g. a restaurant
Translation for "special"
special meaning in Spanish : especial special meaning in German : Besondere special meaning in Japanese : 特殊 special meaning in Turkish : özel special meaning in Chinese : 特别 special meaning in Arabic : خاص special meaning in Polish : specjalny special meaning in Hindi : विशेष special meaning in French : spécial special meaning in Russian : специальный special meaning in Tamil : சிறப்பு special meaning in Telugu : ప్రత్యేక