1. a verbal formula believed to have magical force
Example : I whispered a spell as I moved my hands in mysterious ways.
2. a psychological state induced by (or as if induced by) a magical incantation 3. a period of indeterminate length (usually short) marked by some action or condition 4. a time for working (after which you will be relieved by someone else) 5. indicate or signify
Example : I'm afraid this spells trouble!
6. orally recite the letters of or give the spelling of
Example : How do you spell this word? We had to spell out our names for the police officer
7. write or name the letters that comprise the conventionally accepted form of a word or part of a word
Example : Mississippi is a fun word to spell.
8. take turns working
Example : the workers spell every four hours
10. relieve someone from work by taking a turn
Example : I spelled my roommate at the wheel after the first few hours of driving.
Translation for "spell"
spell meaning in Spanish : deletrear spell meaning in German : buchstabieren spell meaning in Russian : орфографии spell meaning in Portuguese : soletrar spell meaning in Chinese : 拼写 spell meaning in Japanese : スペル spell meaning in Tamil : உச்சரிக்க spell meaning in Arabic : تهجئه spell meaning in Turkish : harf harf kodlamak spell meaning in Hindi : जादू spell meaning in Telugu : అక్షరక్రమ spell meaning in French : épeler