1. separate or cut with a tool, such as a sharp instrument 3. division of a group into opposing factions 4. the act of rending or ripping or splitting something 5. an increase in the number of outstanding shares of a corporation without changing the shareholders' equity
Example : they announced a two-for-one split of the common stock
6. an opening made forcibly as by pulling apart 7. come open suddenly and violently, as if from internal pressure 9. discontinue an association or relation 10. separate into parts or portions 11. (especially of wood) cut or ripped longitudinally with the grain
Example : we bought split logs for the fireplace
12. extending the legs at right angles to the trunk (one in front and the other in back) 13. a divided formation of pins left standing after the first bowl in ten-pin bowling
Example : I was winning until I got a split in the tenth frame.
14. a dessert of sliced fruit and ice cream covered with whipped cream and cherries and nuts 15. a lengthwise crack in wood
Example : I inserted the wedge into a split in the log.
16. a promised or claimed share of loot or money
Example : I demanded my split before they disbanded.
17. a bottle containing half the usual amount
Translation for "split"
split meaning in Spanish : división split meaning in German : Teilt split meaning in Japanese : スプリット split meaning in Turkish : Bölünmüş split meaning in Chinese : 分裂 split meaning in Arabic : انشق، مزق split meaning in Polish : rozdzielać split meaning in Hindi : विभाजित करें split meaning in French : Divisé split meaning in Russian : Трещина split meaning in Tamil : பிளவு split meaning in Telugu : స్ప్లిట్