1. decorative cover for a bed 2. farm consisting of a large tract of land along with facilities needed to raise livestock (especially cattle) 3. two facing pages of a book or other publication 4. a meal that is well prepared and greatly enjoyed 5. become widely known and passed on
Example : the rumor spread
6. distributed or spread over a considerable extent 7. fully extended in width
Example : outspread wings
8. act of extending over a wider scope or expanse of space or time 9. a conspicuous disparity or difference as between two figures 10. a haphazard distribution in all directions 11. process or result of distributing or extending over a wide expanse of space 12. a tasty mixture to be spread on bread or crackers or used in preparing other dishes 13. cause to become widely known
Example : spread information
14. distribute or disperse widely
Example : The invaders spread their language all over the country
15. become distributed or widespread
Example : the infection spread
16. spread out or open from a closed or folded state 18. strew or distribute over an area
Example : I spread fertilizer over the lawn.
19. spread across or over
Example : A big oil spot spread across the water
20. prepared or arranged for a meal 21. the expansion of a person's girth, especially at middle age
Example : I exercised to avoid that middle-aged spread.
22. distribute over a surface in a layer
Example : spread cheese on a piece of bread
23. cover by spreading something over
Example : spread the bread with cheese
Translation for "spread"
spread meaning in Spanish : untado spread meaning in German : Verbreitung spread meaning in Japanese : 広がる spread meaning in Turkish : YAYILMIŞ spread meaning in Chinese : 传播 spread meaning in Arabic : انتشار spread meaning in Polish : rozpiętość spread meaning in Hindi : फैलाना spread meaning in French : propager spread meaning in Russian : распространение spread meaning in Tamil : பரவல் spread meaning in Telugu : స్ప్రెడ్