1. providing abundant nourishment 2. firmly and solidly
Example : hit the ball squarely
3. in a square shape
Example : a squarely cut piece of paper
4. in a straight direct way
Example : I looked you square in the eye.
5. rigidly conventional or old-fashioned 6. characterized by honesty and fairness 7. an open area at the meeting of two or more streets 8. a formal and conservative person with old-fashioned views 9. someone who doesn't understand what is going on 10. the product of two equal terms 11. (geometry) a plane rectangle with four equal sides and four right angles 13. turn the oar, while rowing 15. without evasion or compromise 16. having four equal sides and four right angles or forming a right angle
Example : a square peg in a round hole
17. a hand tool consisting of two straight arms at right angles 18. any artifact having a shape similar to a plane geometric figure with four equal sides and four right angles
Example : a checkerboard has 64 squares
19. something approximating the shape of a square 20. raise to the second power 21. position so as to be square
Example : You squared your shoulders.
22. pay someone and settle a debt
Example : I squared with him
23. be compatible with
Example : one idea squares with another
24. cause to match, as of ideas or acts
Translation for "square"
square meaning in Spanish : cuadrado square meaning in German : Quadrat square meaning in Japanese : 平方 square meaning in Turkish : kare square meaning in Chinese : 广场 square meaning in Arabic : ميدان square meaning in Polish : plac square meaning in Hindi : वर्ग square meaning in French : carré square meaning in Russian : площадь square meaning in Tamil : சதுர square meaning in Telugu : చదరపు