1. any of numerous annual trailing plants of the genus Cucurbita grown for their fleshy edible fruits
Example : We've planted squashes in the garden.
2. to compress with violence, out of natural shape or condition
Example : I managed to squash the sleeping bag in to its container.
3. a game played in an enclosed court by two or four players who strike the ball with long-handled rackets
Example : I enjoy playing squash.
4. edible fruit of a squash plant
Example : The recipe called for squash.
5. a concentrated syrup, usually fruit-based, that is diluted to produce a drink
Example : We prepared a jug of lemon squash.