1. a small adhesive token stuck on a letter or package to indicate that that postal fees have been paid 2. a device incised to make an impression 3. machine consisting of a heavy bar that moves vertically for pounding or crushing ores 4. a symbol that is the result of printing or engraving
Example : The wedding invitations had a decorative stamp on the envelope.
5. a small piece of adhesive paper that is put on an object to show that a government tax has been paid 6. something that can be used as an official medium of payment 7. the distinctive form in which a thing is made 8. treat or classify according to a mental stereotype 11. a block or die used to imprint a mark or design 12. a type or class
Example : More of my stamp are needed to get the job done right.
13. destroy or extinguish as if by stamping with the foot 14. to mark, or produce an imprint in or on something
Example : My name is permanently stamped on maps of my hometown.
15. affix a stamp to
Example : Are the letters properly stamped?
16. crush or grind with a heavy instrument
Example : stamp fruit extract the juice
17. form or cut out with a mold, form, or die
Example : stamp needles
18. reveal clearly as having a certain character
Example : My playing stamps me as a Romantic.