1. a mental position from which things are viewed 2. a platform where a band, often a brass band, can play in the open air
Example : The stand in the park was a draw in the summer months.
3. a support or foundation 4. a booth where articles are displayed for sale 5. an interruption of normal activity 6. withstand the force of something 7. put into an upright position
Example : Can you stand the bookshelf up?
8. a support for displaying various articles 9. put up with something or somebody unpleasant 12. a defensive effort
Example : the army made a final stand at the Rhone
13. a stop made by a touring musical or theatrical group to give a performance
Example : a one-night stand
14. tiered seats consisting of a structure (often made of wood) where people can sit to watch an event (game or parade) 15. a small table for holding articles of various kinds
Example : a bedside stand
16. a growth of similar plants (usually trees) in a particular area
Example : they cut down a stand of trees
17. the position where a thing or person stands 18. have or maintain a position or stand on an issue
Example : Where do you stand on the War?
19. be available for stud services 20. be in some specified state or condition
Example : I stand corrected
23. remain inactive or immobile
Example : standing water
24. occupy a place or location, also metaphorically
Example : We stand on common ground
Translation for "stand"
stand meaning in Spanish : estar stand meaning in German : Stand stand meaning in Japanese : スタンド stand meaning in Turkish : durmak stand meaning in Chinese : 支架 stand meaning in Arabic : يفهم stand meaning in Polish : stoisko stand meaning in Hindi : खड़ा stand meaning in French : supporter stand meaning in Russian : стоять stand meaning in Tamil : நிற்க stand meaning in Telugu : స్టాండ్