2. marijuana leaves rolled into a cigarette for smoking 4. a lever used by a pilot to control the ailerons and elevators of an airplane 5. informal terms for the leg
Example : An early childhood fever left me weak on my sticks.
6. be a mystery or bewildering to 7. saddle with something disagreeable or disadvantageous 8. come or be in close contact with
Example : stick or hold together and resist separation
9. put, fix, force, or implant 10. stay put (in a certain place) 11. be a devoted follower or supporter 12. threat of a penalty
Example : the policy so far is all stick and no carrot
13. an implement consisting of a length of wood
Example : We collected dry sticks for a campfire.
14. a long thin implement resembling a length of wood
Example : cinnamon sticks
15. a long implement (usually made of wood) that is shaped so that hockey or polo players can hit a puck or ball 16. a rectangular quarter pound block of butter or margarine 17. a small thin branch of a tree 18. pierce or penetrate or puncture with something pointed 19. pierce with a thrust using a pointed instrument 20. fasten into place by fixing an end or point into something
Example : stick the corner of the sheet under the mattress
21. fasten with or as with pins or nails
Example : stick the photo onto the corkboard
22. fasten with an adhesive material like glue
Example : stick the poster onto the wall
23. cover and decorate with objects that pierce the surface
Example : stick some feathers in the turkey before you serve it
25. be or become fixed
Example : The door sticks--we will have to plane it
Translation for "stick"
stick meaning in Spanish : palo stick meaning in German : Stock stick meaning in Japanese : スティック stick meaning in Turkish : Çubuk stick meaning in Chinese : 棒 stick meaning in Arabic : عصا stick meaning in Polish : kij stick meaning in Hindi : छड़ी stick meaning in French : bâton stick meaning in Russian : придерживаться stick meaning in Tamil : குச்சி stick meaning in Telugu : స్టిక్