1. a necklace made by a stringing objects together
Example : a string of beads
2. a tie consisting of a cord that goes through a seam around an opening
Example : I pulled the string and closed the bag.
3. stringed instruments that are played with a bow
Example : the strings played superlatively well
5. a sequentially ordered set of things or events or ideas in which each successive member is related to the preceding
Example : a string of islands
6. add as if on a string
Example : string these ideas together
7. thread on or as if on a string
Example : string pearls on a string
9. a tightly stretched cord of wire or gut, which makes sound when plucked, struck, or bowed 10. a collection of objects threaded on a single strand 11. a linear sequence of symbols, characters, words, or phrases
Example : The function only accepts strings as parameters.
12. (cosmology) a hypothetical one-dimensional subatomic particle having a concentration of energy and the dynamic properties of a flexible loop 13. a tough piece of fiber in vegetables, meat, or other food (especially the tough fibers connecting the two halves of a bean pod) 14. provide with strings
Example : string my guitar
15. remove the stringy parts of
Example : string beans
16. string together
Example : tie or fasten with a string
17. stretch out or arrange like a string
Translation for "string"
string meaning in Spanish : cuerda string meaning in German : Schnur string meaning in Japanese : ひも string meaning in Turkish : sicim string meaning in Chinese : 串 string meaning in Arabic : خيط string meaning in Polish : strunowy string meaning in Hindi : तार string meaning in French : chaîne string meaning in Russian : строка string meaning in Tamil : சரம் string meaning in Telugu : స్ట్రింగ్