"stroke" Meaning in English
1. a punctuation mark (/) used to separate related items of information 2. anything that happens suddenly or by chance without an apparent cause 3. a sudden loss of consciousness resulting when the rupture or occlusion of a blood vessel leads to oxygen lack in the brain 4. a light touch with the hands 5. the act of swinging or striking at a ball with a club or racket or bat or cue or hand
Example : I landed the ball on the green in one stroke.
6. the maximum movement available to a pivoted or reciprocating piece by a cam 7. (golf) the unit of scoring in golf is the act of hitting the ball with a club
Example : Nicklaus won by three strokes
8. treat gingerly or carefully
Example : You have to stroke the boss
9. strike a ball with a smooth blow 10. row at a particular rate 11. touch lightly and repeatedly, as with brushing motions
Example : I stroked my cat's fur.
12. a single complete movement 13. any one of the repeated movements of the limbs and body used for locomotion in swimming or rowing 14. a mark made on a surface by a pen, pencil, or paintbrush
Example : I applied the paint in careful strokes.
16. the oarsman nearest the stern of the shell who sets the pace for the rest of the crew
Translation for "stroke"
stroke meaning in Spanish : carrera stroke meaning in German : Schlaganfall stroke meaning in Japanese : ストローク stroke meaning in Turkish : inme stroke meaning in Chinese : 行程 stroke meaning in Arabic : السكتة الدماغية stroke meaning in Polish : uderzenie stroke meaning in Hindi : आघात stroke meaning in French : accident vasculaire cérébral stroke meaning in Russian : Инсульт stroke meaning in Tamil : பக்கவாதம் stroke meaning in Telugu : స్ట్రోక్
Examples containing "stroke"There are no examples. You can write here and submit.
You can write here and submit more examples.