2. consider in detail and subject to an analysis in order to discover essential features or meaning 3. be a student of a certain subject 4. to think intently and at length, as for spiritual purposes
Example : I studied my options carefully.
5. a detailed critical inspection 6. preliminary drawing for later elaboration 7. applying the mind to learning and understanding a subject (especially by reading) 8. attentive consideration and meditation 9. a written document describing the findings of some individual or group
Example : this accords with the recent study by Hill and Dale
10. learn by reading books
Example : We are studying geology in my room.
11. give careful consideration to 12. a room used for reading and writing and studying
Example : They knocked lightly on the closed door of the study.
13. a state of deep mental absorption
Example : I am in a deep study.
14. a composition intended to develop one aspect of the performer's technique
Example : a study in spiccato bowing
15. someone who learns quickly and easily, as the lines for a part in a play
Example : The new understudy is a quick study.
16. be a student
Example : follow a course of study
Translation for "study"
study meaning in Spanish : estudiar study meaning in German : Studie study meaning in Japanese : 調査 study meaning in Turkish : ders çalışma study meaning in Chinese : 研究 study meaning in Arabic : دراسة study meaning in Polish : badanie study meaning in Hindi : अध्ययन study meaning in French : étude study meaning in Russian : изучение study meaning in Tamil : ஆய்வு study meaning in Telugu : అధ్యయనం