1. the popular taste at a given time 2. a pointed tool for writing or drawing or engraving 3. distinctive and stylish elegance 4. how something is done or how it happens 5. a way of expressing something in language, art, music etc. that is characteristic of a particular person, group of people, or period
Example : All the reporters were expected to adopt the style of the newspaper.
6. designate by an identifying term
Example : They styled their nation `The Confederate States'
7. a slender bristlelike or tubular process
Example : a cartilaginous style
8. a particular kind (as to appearance)
Example : this style of shoe is in demand
9. editorial directions to be followed in spelling and punctuation and capitalization and typographical display 10. (botany) the narrow elongated part of the pistil between the ovary and the stigma 11. make consistent with certain rules of style
Example : style a manuscript
12. make consistent with a certain fashion or style
Translation for "style"
style meaning in Spanish : estilo style meaning in German : Stil style meaning in Japanese : スタイル style meaning in Turkish : stil style meaning in Chinese : 样式 style meaning in Arabic : قلم المدقة style meaning in Polish : styl style meaning in Hindi : अंदाज style meaning in French : style style meaning in Russian : стиль style meaning in Tamil : பாணி style meaning in Telugu : శైలి