1. something (a person or object or scene) selected by an artist or photographer for graphic representation
Example : a moving picture of a train is more dramatic than a still picture of the same subject
2. the subject matter of a conversation or discussion
Example : I didn't want to discuss that subject.
3. being under the power or sovereignty of another or others
Example : subject peoples
4. possibly accepting or permitting 5. some situation or event that is thought about 7. one of the two main constituents of a sentence
Example : A sentence often begins with the subject.
8. a person who owes allegiance to that nation
Example : A nation has a duty to its subjects.
9. a person who is subjected to experimental or other observational procedures 10. refer for judgment or consideration 12. likely to be affected by something
Example : the bond is subject to taxation
13. (logic) the first term of a proposition 14. make accountable for
Example : I did not want to subject myself to the judgments of others.
15. cause to experience or suffer or make liable or vulnerable to
Example : I subjected them to my award winning poetry.
Translation for "subject"
subject meaning in Spanish : tema subject meaning in German : Gegenstand subject meaning in Japanese : 件名 subject meaning in Turkish : konu subject meaning in Chinese : 学科 subject meaning in Arabic : موضوع subject meaning in Polish : Przedmiot subject meaning in Hindi : विषय subject meaning in French : assujettir subject meaning in Russian : предмет subject meaning in Tamil : பொருள் subject meaning in Telugu : విషయం