1. a man's courting of a woman 2. be agreeable or acceptable to
Example : This suits my needs
3. a comprehensive term for any proceeding in a court of law whereby an individual seeks a legal remedy
Example : the family brought suit against the landlord
4. a set of garments, usually including a jacket and trousers or skirt, for outerwear all of the same fabric and color
Example : They will bury me in my best suit.
5. accord or comport with
Example : This kind of behavior does not suit a young woman!
6. enhance the appearance of 7. playing card in any of four sets of 13 cards in a pack 8. a petition or appeal made to a person of superior status or rank 9. (slang) a businessman dressed in a business suit
Example : all the suits care about is the bottom line
10. be agreeable or acceptable
Example : This time suits me
Translation for "suit"
suit meaning in Spanish : traje suit meaning in German : passen suit meaning in Japanese : スーツ suit meaning in Turkish : takım elbise suit meaning in Chinese : 适合 suit meaning in Arabic : بدلة suit meaning in Polish : garnitur suit meaning in Hindi : सूट suit meaning in French : costume suit meaning in Russian : подходить suit meaning in Tamil : வழக்கு suit meaning in Telugu : దావా