1. changing location by moving back and forth 3. the act of swinging a golf club at a golf ball and (usually) hitting it 4. a style of jazz played by big bands popular in the 1930s 5. make a big sweeping gesture or movement 7. a jaunty rhythm in music 8. move or walk in a swinging or swaying manner 12. a sweeping blow or stroke
Example : They took a wild swing at my head.
13. mechanical device used as a plaything to support someone swinging back and forth 14. a state of steady vigorous action that is characteristic of an activity
Example : the party went with a swing
15. alternate dramatically between high and low values
Example : Their mood swings almost manically.
16. hit or aim at with a sweeping arm movement
Example : The soccer player began to swing at the referee
17. engage freely in promiscuous sex, often with the husband or wife of one's friends
Example : There were many swinging couples in the 1960's
18. play with a subtle and intuitively felt sense of rhythm 19. change direction with a swinging motion 20. move in a curve or arc, usually with the intent of hitting 21. live in a lively, modern, and relaxed style
Example : The Woodstock generation attempted to swing freely
22. have a certain musical rhythm
Example : The music has to swing
Translation for "swing"
swing meaning in Spanish : oscilación swing meaning in German : Swing swing meaning in Japanese : スイング swing meaning in Turkish : salıncak swing meaning in Chinese : 摇摆 swing meaning in Arabic : تأرجح swing meaning in Polish : huśtawka swing meaning in Hindi : झूला swing meaning in French : balançoire swing meaning in Russian : свинг swing meaning in Tamil : ஊஞ்சலில் swing meaning in Telugu : స్వింగ్