2. an organized structure for arranging or classifying 3. a complex of methods or rules governing behavior
Example : They have to operate under a system they oppose.
4. a group of independent but interrelated elements comprising a unified whole
Example : A vast system of production and distribution and consumption keep the country going.
5. instrumentality that combines interrelated interacting artifacts designed to work as a coherent entity
Example : I bought a new stereo system.
6. the living body considered as made up of interdependent components forming a unified whole
Example : Exercise helped them get the alcohol out of their system.
7. a group of physiologically or anatomically related organs or parts
Example : Our body has a system of organs for digestion.
8. a procedure or process for obtaining an objective
Example : They had to devise a system that did not depend on cooperation.
9. (physical chemistry) a sample of matter in which substances in different phases are in equilibrium
Example : In a static system oil cannot be replaced by water on a surface.
Translation for "system"
system meaning in Spanish : sistema system meaning in German : System system meaning in Japanese : システム system meaning in Turkish : sistem system meaning in Chinese : 系统 system meaning in Arabic : النظام system meaning in Polish : system system meaning in Hindi : प्रणाली system meaning in French : système system meaning in Russian : система system meaning in Tamil : அமைப்பு system meaning in Telugu : వ్యవస్థ