1. a faucet for drawing water from a pipe or cask 2. make light, repeated strikes on a surface
Example : I was tapping my fingers on the table impatiently.
3. tap a telephone or telegraph wire to get information
Example : The FBI was tapping the phone line of the suspected spy
4. a light touch or stroke 5. the sound made by a gentle blow 6. the act of tapping a telephone or telegraph line to get information 7. a plug for a bunghole in a cask 9. make a solicitation or entreaty for something 11. strike lightly
Example : They tapped me on the shoulder.
12. dance and make rhythmic clicking sounds by means of metal plates nailed to the sole of the dance shoes
Example : Glover tapdances better than anybody
13. a tool for cutting female (internal) screw threads 14. a small metal plate that attaches to the toe or heel of a shoe (as in tap dancing) 15. cut a female screw thread with a tap 16. pierce in order to draw a liquid from
Example : tap a maple tree for its syrup
17. draw (liquor) from a tap
Example : tap beer in a bar
18. walk with a tapping sound 19. draw from or dip into to get something
Example : tap one's memory
20. furnish with a tap or spout, so as to be able to draw liquid from it
Example : tap a cask of wine
Translation for "tap"
tap meaning in Spanish : grifo tap meaning in German : Zapfhahn tap meaning in Japanese : タップ tap meaning in Turkish : musluk tap meaning in Chinese : 龙头 tap meaning in Arabic : صنبور tap meaning in Polish : kran tap meaning in Hindi : नल टोटी tap meaning in French : robinet tap meaning in Russian : нажмите tap meaning in Tamil : குழாய் tap meaning in Telugu : టాప్