1. the sensation that results when taste buds in the tongue and throat convey information about the chemical composition of a soluble stimulus
Example : The candy left them with a bad taste.
3. the faculty of distinguishing sweet, sour, bitter, and salty properties in the mouth
Example : My cold deprived me of my sense of taste.
4. have flavor
Example : taste of something
5. delicate discrimination, especially of aesthetic values
Example : Arrogance and lack of taste don't often lead to rapid success in life.
6. a small amount eaten or drunk
Example : take a taste--you'll like it
8. have a distinctive or characteristic taste
Example : This tastes of nutmeg
9. a kind of sensing
Example : distinguishing substances by means of the taste buds
10. a brief experience of something
Example : I got a taste of life on the wild side in the big city.
11. experience briefly
Example : The ex-slave tasted freedom shortly before they died.
12. perceive by the sense of taste
Example : Can you taste the garlic?
13. distinguish flavors
Example : We tasted wines last night
Translation for "taste"
taste meaning in Spanish : gusto taste meaning in German : Geschmack taste meaning in Japanese : 味 taste meaning in Turkish : damak zevki taste meaning in Chinese : 味道 taste meaning in Arabic : المذاق taste meaning in Polish : smak taste meaning in Hindi : स्वाद taste meaning in French : goût taste meaning in Russian : вкус taste meaning in Tamil : சுவை taste meaning in Telugu : రుచి