1. a disposition to exhibit uncontrolled anger
Example : Their temper was well known to all their employees.
2. a characteristic, habitual or relatively temporary, state of feeling
Example : Whether they praised or cursed me depended on their temper at the time.
3. bring to a desired consistency, texture, or hardness by a process of gradually heating and cooling
Example : temper glass
4. make more temperate, acceptable, or suitable by adding something else 5. the elasticity and hardness of a metal object 6. a sudden outburst of anger
Example : My temper sparked like damp firewood.
8. harden by reheating and cooling in oil
Example : temper steel
9. adjust the pitch (of pianos)