"term" Meaning in English
1. (architecture) a statue or a human bust or an animal carved out of the top of a square pillar 2. (usually plural) a statement of what is required as part of an agreement 3. the end of gestation or point at which birth is imminent
Example : a healthy baby born at full term
4. any distinct quantity contained in a polynomial
Example : the general term of an algebraic equation of the n-th degree
5. a word or expression used for some particular thing
Example : I learned many medical terms.
6. one of the substantive phrases in a logical proposition
Example : the major term of a syllogism must occur twice
7. a limited period of time
Example : a prison term
8. name formally or designate with a term
Translation for "term"
term meaning in Spanish : término term meaning in German : Begriff term meaning in Japanese : 期間 term meaning in Turkish : terim term meaning in Chinese : 术语 term meaning in Arabic : مصطلح term meaning in Polish : semestr term meaning in Hindi : अवधि term meaning in French : terme term meaning in Russian : срок term meaning in Tamil : கால term meaning in Telugu : పదం
Examples containing "term"There are no examples. You can write here and submit.
You can write here and submit more examples.