1. to take off weight
Example : I am thinning nicely thanks to my new diet.
2. lacking substance or significance
Example : Your argument is thin.
3. to lessen the strength or flavor of a solution or mixture
Example : We need to thin out this Bloody Mary mix a bit.
4. without viscosity
Example : The blood was flowing thin.
5. not very dense
Example : They have thin beards.
6. lacking excess flesh
Example : You can't be too rich or too thin.
7. very narrow
Example : I drew a thin line across the page.
8. of sound, lacking resonance or volume
Example : The cat gave a thin feeble cry.
9. lacking spirit or sincere effort
Example : Their thin smile hid something more sinister.
10. of relatively small extent from one surface to the opposite or in cross section
Example : I used a thin wire to tie the parts together.
11. relatively thin in consistency or low in density
Example : This grain is rather thin.
12. to make thin or thinner
Example : We should thin out the herd.
13. to lose thickness
Example : My hair is thinning.
Translation for "thin"
thin meaning in Spanish : Delgado thin meaning in German : dünn thin meaning in Japanese : 薄いです thin meaning in Turkish : ince thin meaning in Chinese : 瘦 thin meaning in Arabic : نحيف ضعيف thin meaning in Polish : chudy thin meaning in Hindi : पतला thin meaning in French : mince thin meaning in Russian : тонкий thin meaning in Tamil : மெல்லிய thin meaning in Telugu : సన్నని