1. rhythm as given by division into parts of equal duration 2. the period of time a prisoner is imprisoned 3. an instance or single occasion for some event
Example : This time they succeeded.
4. a reading of a point in time as given by a clock
Example : do you know what time it is?
5. the fourth coordinate that is required (along with three spatial dimensions) to specify a physical event 6. measure the time or duration of an event or action or the person who performs an action in a certain period of time 7. the continuum of experience in which events pass from the future through the present to the past 8. a person's experience on a particular occasion
Example : I had a hard time holding back tears.
9. an indefinite period, usually marked by specific attributes or activities
Example : I waited a long time in the doctor's office.
10. a suitable moment
Example : it is time to go
11. a period of time considered as a resource under your control and sufficient to accomplish something
Example : take time to smell the roses
12. adjust so that a force is applied and an action occurs at the desired time
Example : The good player times their swing so as to hit the ball squarely.
13. regulate or set the time of
Example : time the clock
14. assign a time for an activity or event
Example : The candidate carefully timed their appearance at the disaster scene.
15. set the speed, duration, or execution of
Example : we time the process to manufacture our cars very precisely
Translation for "time"
time meaning in Spanish : hora time meaning in German : Zeit time meaning in Japanese : 時間 time meaning in Turkish : zaman time meaning in Chinese : 时间 time meaning in Arabic : زمن time meaning in Polish : czas time meaning in Hindi : पहर time meaning in French : temps time meaning in Russian : время time meaning in Tamil : நேரம் time meaning in Telugu : సమయం