1. a relatively small amount of money given for services rendered, such as to a waiter or taxi driver
Example : I left a 15% tip on the restaurant bill.
2. give insider information or advise to
Example : I tipped off the police about the terrorist plot.
5. to incline or bend from a vertical position 6. cause to topple or tumble by pushing 7. give a tip or gratuity to in return for a service, beyond the compensation agreed on
Example : Remember to tip the waiter
8. an indication of potential opportunity
Example : I got a tip on the stock market.
9. usually relating to a mountain or hill, the top or extreme point of something
Example : The tip of Mount Everest is over 29,000 feet above sea level.
11. remove the tip from
Example : tip artichokes
12. mark with a tip
Example : tip the arrow with the small stone
13. cause to tilt
Example : tip the screen upward
14. the extreme end of something
Translation for "tip"
tip meaning in Spanish : propina tip meaning in German : Spitze tip meaning in Japanese : 先端 tip meaning in Turkish : bahşiş tip meaning in Chinese : 小费 tip meaning in Arabic : تلميح tip meaning in Polish : Wskazówka tip meaning in Hindi : टिप tip meaning in French : pointe tip meaning in Russian : совет tip meaning in Tamil : முனை tip meaning in Telugu : కొన